Search found 4 matches

by mhay
Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:15 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!
Replies: 5
Views: 1066

Re: Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!

Recipe for disaster? Really? I have talked in depth with my LFS who are well know for their knowledge in birds and aquatic life and have been in business for well over 25 years. They said with the amount of filtration I have I shod have no issues with nitrates. I have over double the recommended fil...
by mhay
Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!
Replies: 5
Views: 1066

Re: Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!

Just got home for lunch and re tested the nitrates. Still extremely high. Typically it's below 10. I'll do another water change once I'm home from work and see what happens. We don't use a dechlorinater anymore since we use RO/DI water. Before we started that I used stress coat. I do know long term ...
by mhay
Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Hi From Chicago!
Replies: 2
Views: 552

Hi From Chicago!

Hello everyone! I am new here and fairly new to the world of puffers and loving it! I started my first brackish tank a few months ago shortly after my boyfriend and I purchased our house. We currently have 2 GSP(Barney and Fred) as well as a F8(BamBam) They are all quite the characters and I look fo...
by mhay
Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!
Replies: 5
Views: 1066

Lethargic, dark, sick GSP. HELP!

Hi Everyone! I am new here! I have a juvenile GSP(about 1-2”) that as of last night has not been his normal goofy self. Lethargic, not really interested in food, and darker in color. His story below and tank information below that: I am running a 60 gallon tank has been completely cycled for about 3...