Search found 11 matches

by peawee
Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Im pretty sure its one male and two females. Only one has the little wrinkles behind his eyes, and hes smaller and lighter than the other two. but they still could be too young to tell..
by peawee
Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I returned the bala shark, (didn't want to make a huge school since they get so big as it is) and I returned the gsp. I don't want to mess him up not doing the brackish correctly. I kept the dp's and I'm cycling the 10gal for them now, waiting for that before trans...
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

For the gsp.. But now Idk if I should keep him either :(
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:30 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

I have decided to get rid of everything except the gsp... is it absolutely necessary to have natural decor in the tank, or are obvious artificial ornaments ok? I have tall plants and lots of cover, but it is for my 2.5 year old daughter to view the fish and she likes the bright colors.

Thanks again!
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

Im going to replace the gravel with sand (live? Would that be better for puffers tank?) And use the gravel back in the 10gal for the pea puffers and convicts. It still has 50% cycled water in it plus the old filter media. And add quick start if needed.

Any other recs? Or totally different suggestion?
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

I talked to the store owner and even though they have an "all sales final" policy they agreed to return the Bala and pleco and apoligized for the misinformation.

Hopefully the salinity increase and more space will help my gsp feel better.
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

I appreciate the feedback that are genuinely trying to help. I will ignore the rude comment. I will put the pea puffers and convicts in a new tank and take the Bala back now that I know he is a schooling fish, they never should've sold him individually in the fist place. :tuttut: but then again I sh...
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

Re: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black belli

I plan on upgrading when they get bigger, and I do water changes very often so nitrate never goes above 20. Can convicts live in low end brackish water if they are the only ones I keep with the g and the pleco I will trade in when he gets bigger for a smaller one, I bought him for algae. Same with B...
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:02 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..
Replies: 32
Views: 6213

New puffer not active, or eating and turning black bellied..

I am a new puffer owner and unfortunately bought one (or 4) without researching first.. (Bad, I know!). He was sold to me as a brackish water fish, but was told it could be low end since he is only about an inch, and that he could live with tank mates. I chose the tank mates around him and his needs...
by peawee
Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:45 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: Proud new Puffer owner in California!
Replies: 5
Views: 720

Proud new Puffer owner in California!

New to this site, so glad it's here! He's the star of the show in my tank! :)