Search found 22 matches

by Perry the Pufferfish
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm
Forum: Brackish Puffers
Topic: How often to feed F8s?
Replies: 7
Views: 979

Re: How often to feed F8s?

Sorry to jack the thread, but with a Fig 8 in Brackish, do you use the FW or SW vitamins?
by Perry the Pufferfish
Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Question on ICH
Replies: 3
Views: 1152

Re: Question on ICH

That's what I had thought. But Ive never had any medical issues with fish that I have kept, so I wasn't sure. This is by far the coolest fish I have ever owned. Thanks.
by Perry the Pufferfish
Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Question on ICH
Replies: 3
Views: 1152

Question on ICH

I bought Perry on Friday, and started treating for IP already, although he doesn't seem to show any symptoms of it. But I noticed that his colors are always kind of bland, except for when I feed him. And he seems to have a haze over his body. I don't know if I'm just being weird or if maybe he has I...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Vitamins
Replies: 3
Views: 623

Re: Vitamins

Thanks guys, no where local carries any of the vitamins. SO have to order them but thanks for the help.
by Perry the Pufferfish
Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 pm
Forum: Hospital
Topic: Vitamins
Replies: 3
Views: 623

Vitamins

Well I finally got my tank cycled, and on the advice of others on this forum I got Figure 8 instead of a GSP. He looks and acts very healthy. The LFS was feeding them frozen Krill, so I bought some of that, and I already had frozen Mussells and Clams. So he will be eating them until my snail colony ...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Snail tnak
Replies: 4
Views: 595

Snail tnak

Hello, my tank finally completed its cycle this weekend. I am waiting until next weekend to get my puffer though. In the meantime I am starting my snail tank so that he will have a steady supply. I was wondering if some of you with snail tanks setup could post pics of them, so I could see how they a...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

For an update: 2 weeks ago I did a WC to get the ammonia down to below 4ppm. I also dropped the temp down to 78-80F, and added Tetra Safe Start to the bio wheel (figured it wouldn't work, so I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't). Within the first week the ammonia dropped to where it was the light...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:31 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Time for another question. I never thought about doing this before,but would taking some filter squeezings' or media from my turtle tank help seed my BB in my new tank? There are 2 red eared sliders in the tank, and it's cleaned regularly and the turtles are healthy. I didn't test the water yet, bec...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Will do, thank you very much for your quick response.
by Perry the Pufferfish
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Thanks for all the compliments on my aquascaping. I am still deciding on what to put where and that pic is just w/ everything in there, not in its final spots. I do have another question though, but first PP as I assumed, you were right my cycle was stalled because I added to much ammonia. It has be...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 am
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

This isn't the best pic but my real camera has a dead battery.

Image

So, do I have to much in the back of the tank for him, or will this do, or do I need more? Thanks again for your help and advice.
by Perry the Pufferfish
Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:12 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Because I had read between 3 and 4 so I figured 4 would be good. And since the API test goes from 4 to 8, My color matches the 4 so it is somewhere between 4 and 7.9. Is there a more accurate test? Although I guess once it is cycled it won't matter because then it should be 0. What would you recomme...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:56 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: ok ok... so im a nerd...
Replies: 28
Views: 5071

Re: ok ok... so im a nerd...

PS3 & 360

Most of my time playing is spent on Gran Turismo 5, and occasionally Grand Theft Auto 4. But I have a rig built for racing, so usually I am on that if I get a chance to play.
by Perry the Pufferfish
Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Finally finished the stand Saturday. Got the tank set up on Sunday. Didn't think it would take that long, but between rinsing everything thoroughly and making 1 or 2 trips to the home depot and petSmart, it took nearly all day. Got my ammonia to between 4 and 8 ppm(because that is how the API test d...
by Perry the Pufferfish
Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm
Forum: Meet and Greet
Topic: New to the puffer
Replies: 37
Views: 3277

Re: New to the puffer

Only thing I have access to is the LFS, and I don't want to open up that can of worms, so I'm going the slow route.