Search found 4 matches
- Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:21 pm
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: I'm New
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1588
Re: I'm New
[welcome] If you've never kept fish at all before, then you have a lot to learn. There's tons more than just buying an aquarium, filling it with water & plopping in a fish. Read the water/filtration articles in our Library & also the puffer articles. Also, check out our Pufferpedia for puff...
- Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:16 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: I'm New
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1588
Re: I'm New
I really like the Green Spotted Puffer, but I'm told that the South American/Amazon Puffers are best for beginners. what size tank are you thinking?[/quote] About 45g-50g probably. SAPs aren't really as they require regular dentistry and a specialized tank. I would recommend a F8. They're lightly b...
- Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: I'm New
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1588
Re: I'm New
Thank you both!
I really like the Green Spotted Puffer, but I'm told that the South American/Amazon Puffers are best for beginners.
I really like the Green Spotted Puffer, but I'm told that the South American/Amazon Puffers are best for beginners.
- Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:44 am
- Forum: Meet and Greet
- Topic: I'm New
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1588
I'm New
Which I guess is obvious, since I'm posting this. I've been really interested in puffer fish since about a month and a half ago when I saw one at the local aquarium. I'd been wanting to get an aquarium for my home anyway, so I started researching the care of puffers-- don't want to be one of those p...