Page 1 of 1

Green Spotted Puffer Size

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:37 pm
by 8DiagramPoleFighter
I’ve been keeping puffers for a while now. I’ve kept several different species from Mbu to Orange Saddle. My current GSP is 3in and housed in high brackish water. It’s currently about 2.5 to 3 yrs old and shows no sign of getting any bigger. I’ve had this fish before and that one stayed around 3 to 4 as well. Are we sure that this fish gets to be 6in? Anybody have pics of a 6 incher? I can’t find any pics that show a large GSP. The pics are always of 3 in fish which makes me assume that 3 to 4 inches is it’s actual max size at least in the aquarium hobby.

Re: Green Spotted Puffer Size

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:11 am
by Pufferpunk
Mine reached 6", including the tail fin.

Re: Green Spotted Puffer Size

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:33 pm
by 8DiagramPoleFighter
Pufferpunk wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:11 am Mine reached 6", including the tail fin.
Out of curiosity, how long did it take?