Page 1 of 1

F8 puffer poo. Parasite?

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2025 5:09 pm
by Mandalynn87
Sorry it's asked a simular question a week ago. But it looked completly different. Only real symptoms is i think his color has faded a bit on his sides. But not 100% sure. . But he's been in fw for several months and that could be the cause . We are actively moving to brackish. Hes at 1.01 right now. .
the last time it was decided by almost everyone it was mucus from the stress of a sunstrate change we did a little over a week ago. This looks totally different.
I know they are live caught, and I didn't de worm, and was told not to unless I saw an actual reason to. He's fat active and a pig. Not other signs of IP.
Just saw this white thing. It's weird has a white ball at the end.
His last meal was bladder snails and then earlier in the day it was Krill. I feed twice a day most days smaller portion instead of one large meal. He also get blood worms but had had any for a few days prior to this photo.

Im considering treating with paraguard just in case but my Specialty fish store near me doesnt think I should do any " just in case" treatments and I get there point. I'm also a helicopter mom.. so i tend to over worry. Once ive had him longer ill stop. He's my 1st puffer and 1st brackish fish.

Thanks so much. Sorry!!!!
20250330_132543.jpg
20250330_132523.jpg
20250330_132510.jpg

Re: F8 puffer poo. Parasite?

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2025 6:34 pm
by Pufferpunk
I agree with your fish store. Your SG is fine, no higher. I like 1.005-8.
library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/