South American pufferfish
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:40 am
Hi everyone!
Honestly all I'm asking for is for someone with a/who has had a SAP in a community tank to clarify if what the article says is true, I'm not willing to put my fish at risk of being injured etc by a bad decision I've made because I really want some kind of puffer.
https://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebind ... tNeale.htm
In short the article is saying because they lay eggs and leave they're unlike the others as they will not become territorial over that and just genuinely seem to always be on the move which is the opposite of every other puffer resulting in them not being so vicious..
Also if anyone could recommend a puffer they have that's fine in an aquarium with other fish I'd really appreciate that.
Figure the best bet is to literally ask for first hand experience over trusting articles and I have had some bad advice given to me by most fish shops and some point so I find it hard to believe what they're saying
Fish list
6 X cardinal tetra
4 X female fighters
4 X bristlenose
1 X Otto
2 X dwarf gourami
Whole bunch of shrimp I'm not fussed about becoming food
Tank
123L fluval flex
Honestly all I'm asking for is for someone with a/who has had a SAP in a community tank to clarify if what the article says is true, I'm not willing to put my fish at risk of being injured etc by a bad decision I've made because I really want some kind of puffer.
https://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebind ... tNeale.htm
In short the article is saying because they lay eggs and leave they're unlike the others as they will not become territorial over that and just genuinely seem to always be on the move which is the opposite of every other puffer resulting in them not being so vicious..
Also if anyone could recommend a puffer they have that's fine in an aquarium with other fish I'd really appreciate that.
Figure the best bet is to literally ask for first hand experience over trusting articles and I have had some bad advice given to me by most fish shops and some point so I find it hard to believe what they're saying
Fish list
6 X cardinal tetra
4 X female fighters
4 X bristlenose
1 X Otto
2 X dwarf gourami
Whole bunch of shrimp I'm not fussed about becoming food
Tank
123L fluval flex