Page 1 of 1

Hi!

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:42 pm
by pintopuffers
Hi everyone! New and happy to be here. I often find myself reading threads from this forum when doing my own research, so I figured it was high time to join.

I am 31 from PA, USA. I currently have 5 tanks with the following inhabitants;

Arrowhead Puffer, Solo Betta, Solo Pea Puffer, 3 bettas (split 20 long), and a tropical community ft parrotfish as the main attraction amidst some bottom dwellers and ditherfish.

I’ve been keeping fish for 7-8 years now. I moved house a few years ago and I’ve been battling water hardness ever since which has been a big learning curve, but if that’s my toughest fishkeeping battle, I’ll take it.

Thanks for having me!!

Re: Hi!

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Is your water hard or soft?

Re: Hi!

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 pm
by pintopuffers
Pufferpunk wrote: ↑Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 pm [welcome]
Is your water hard or soft?
Too hard. Comes out of my tap between 12–16 gH depending on the day. :(

Re: Hi!

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm
by Pufferpunk
Good for brackish fish.

Re: Hi!

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:44 pm
by pintopuffers
Pufferpunk wrote: ↑Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm Good for brackish fish.
I’ve never considered brackish species! I hear it’s very finicky. Any you’d recommend for a beginner brackish keeper? Bettas aside, once my community runs its course (hopefully not for a long while), I’d love to work WITH my tap and not against it.

Re: Hi!

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:51 am
by Pufferpunk