Possible pregnant puffer???

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
MrsPuff09
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Connecticut

Possible pregnant puffer???

Post by MrsPuff09 »

Hello, a month ago I got two Green spotted pufferfish. This is my first time ever owning a puffer I was told by the guy I got them from that they were exactly like any freshwater fish, so I’ve been learning a lot of new things as you can imagine😅 When I got the puffers I noticed one of them was a little bigger, I wasn’t really worried about it at the time but his (or her?) belly just keeps getting bigger! I’ve never had a pregnant fish, let alone a puffer fish and I really need advice. He’s been acting weird recently by just sitting at the bottom of the tank in the rocks and not swimming as much as the other puffer. They both used to swim up to the side to greet me when I walked into the room but he doesn’t do that anymore like my other puff, and I’ve checked the water and even changed it just incase my ph levels were off. My father owned pregnant fish before and he’s saying he may be pregnant, but I really need advice.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Possible pregnant puffer???

Post by Pufferpunk »

I highly doubt the puffer is pregnant. They are extremely difficult to breed in captivity.
How is he behaving now? Eating? What SG is he in?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"