Amazon Puffer swim bladder issue?

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Nizzysan
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Amazon Puffer swim bladder issue?

Post by Nizzysan »

I am not sure what is going on but my 1 out of 5 Amazon Puffer has been acting like this for over a week now. At first when I saw him curl up and start doing that, I thought he was a goner. After that I haven't seen him for a few days. Then I saw him again in the front of the tank and I thought he was dead but he seemed pretty alert. Just couldn't swim and would be upside down curled. I tried eating and he will try to eat and does eat and does still excrete waste. So I believe this is now day 10 that he is like this. I have him in a planted 40 gallon breeder with 4 other Amazon Puffers. They are all thriving and fat. The parameters are normal but I actually noticed that my pH has started to rise to 7.4 and I started to get hair algae. I think my new light is causing hair algae to grow and threw off the balance of the tank and started to have a CO2 imbalance. That is the only thing that I noticed. I have had these puffers for about 3 months now. I just feel bad for the fella. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-dwiGTCdp0k
valkyriemome
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Texas, United States

Re: Amazon Puffer swim bladder issue?

Post by valkyriemome »

Is it common that no one replies?

I’m new.

Anyway—your little one is very cute!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Amazon Puffer swim bladder issue?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Sorry, I don't have much help here, must have missed this post.
library/hospital/help-my-puffer-is-air-filled/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"