My Congo spotted puffers released eggs what should I do next?

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
professorjimjam
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Denmark

My Congo spotted puffers released eggs what should I do next?

Post by professorjimjam »

I have two female large size and one male large of Congo spotted puffers. Just today, the male was hanging on the belly of the female and female released more than 300 eggs but the eggs are very very small. I managed to siphon half of the eggs into another small tank . I put the water from the large tank into the small tank and then had put a airstone with heater in it. Then I put the eggs into this new small tank. The eggs are very small. I have never seen before Congo spotted puffer eggs. So I am wondering if anyone had managed to reproduce these puffers in captivity. If anyone has, then please share your experience. What should I do next? And are these eggs this small? I mean they are very tiny. I just want to make sure that I got the eggs and not something else. Because the tiny eggs came off from the female when was shaking.

Appreciate your support
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: My Congo spotted puffers released eggs what should I do next?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Congrats! There appear to be several people successfully breeding this species. Try a search here to find others who are doing this.
You might also want to post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319738601907514
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
professorjimjam
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Denmark

Re: My Congo spotted puffers released eggs what should I do next?

Post by professorjimjam »

Thanks very much