Harald is such a character

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Harald is such a character

Post by Troender »

I just have to share with some other puffer owners. Harald, my Baileyi is such a character. I've had him for almost two weeks now, and I am getting to know him better. He loves water changes! Not while I am doing them, but afterwards. Usually he hides a lot. But after water changes he comes out and is very active. Today he plays in the current from the filter. He swims up to the filter. Then he let the flow from the filter sweep him away to the other side of the tank. Then he swims up to the filter again. :lol: He is so enjoying himself! And I enjoy watching him! Now I understand how much I've missed having a puffer. My dog is jealous of him though. If I stand in front of the tank, to interact with Harald, she starts whining. On the other hand, she is a whiner - she will whine about anyting. :lol: He is a beauty, isn't he?
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Harald is such a character

Post by Pufferpunk »

You're so lucky, mine never moved!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

Is Filbert still around?
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

At 17 he was moved from Chicago to SC. Lived another 2 years. I have Frodo now!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

Troender
Former Staff Member

Post by Troender »

Every day, at around 2-3 pm, Harald comes to the front glass in his tank, waiting for dinner. He has gotten used to my daily schedule. He knows when food is near. And if dinner isn't ready (which it normally isn't - it has to thaw first), he looks at me with a very accusing look, trying to make me feel guilty - which works. :lol: I remember I had a palembang, Dragonfly, who had the same accusing look. They are such funny creatures! At least, there isn't anything wrong with Harald's appetite. He is just a normal puffer: can eat until he burst, if he got the chance. :lol: And prawns are yummy! It's just so nice to have a puffer again!
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Smart puffer!