I'm back!
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:51 am
Hi all!
It's been some years now, but finally I'm back. That Norwegian who had a lot of puffers. The last 3 or 4 years I've been totally without puffers, and I've missed it! I've been living in two places VERY far appart, because my dad needed a lot of help. But he passed away in September, so now I can stay in one place again, and can finally have another puffer. Two days ago, Harald arrived. I so couldn't afford him, but I just had to anyway. Harald Hårfagre ( after Harald fair hair - who was Norway's first king) is a Tetraodon Baileyi, a species I haven't had before. I ordered him through a local pet shop. The first one was DOA to the store, so they had to order another one. And Harald arrived on Friday. And he was VERY much alive! He was really angry and tried to bite his way through the plastic bag. He splashed so much in the bag when I came home with him, that my dog went totally nuts. She wanted to catch him. Harald is surprisingly active. And he surprised me with taking dead food at first try. I don't think any of my previous puffers did that. I always had to trick them with a shrimp in a thread. I am looking forward to get to know Harald. So far I like him very much. He is not at all afraid of me, which also surprised me a little. And it's exciting with a species I haven't had before. And I feel I want more puffers...
It's been some years now, but finally I'm back. That Norwegian who had a lot of puffers. The last 3 or 4 years I've been totally without puffers, and I've missed it! I've been living in two places VERY far appart, because my dad needed a lot of help. But he passed away in September, so now I can stay in one place again, and can finally have another puffer. Two days ago, Harald arrived. I so couldn't afford him, but I just had to anyway. Harald Hårfagre ( after Harald fair hair - who was Norway's first king) is a Tetraodon Baileyi, a species I haven't had before. I ordered him through a local pet shop. The first one was DOA to the store, so they had to order another one. And Harald arrived on Friday. And he was VERY much alive! He was really angry and tried to bite his way through the plastic bag. He splashed so much in the bag when I came home with him, that my dog went totally nuts. She wanted to catch him. Harald is surprisingly active. And he surprised me with taking dead food at first try. I don't think any of my previous puffers did that. I always had to trick them with a shrimp in a thread. I am looking forward to get to know Harald. So far I like him very much. He is not at all afraid of me, which also surprised me a little. And it's exciting with a species I haven't had before. And I feel I want more puffers...