Stocking Ideas for a New Tank

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Iggyimpaleya
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Stocking Ideas for a New Tank

Post by Iggyimpaleya »

Hey There!

I will be moving into a new home in the next several months where I will be able to get a larger tank set up. I have been eyeing the Fluval Flex 32.5 gallon for quite some time but I am open to other options/sizes as well. I know a 55 would probabaly give me more options. Just can't have anything too massive. I want to get some stocking ideas ahead of time so I have time to do plenty of reasearch on each option and figure out aquascaping and such.

I know for sure I want to have a puffer or several depending on species/size requirements as well as some other fishies swimming around. I only have experience with freshwater aquariums so I want to stick with that. I had previously been eyeing figure 8s but i've seen they are brackish and I have no experience with that and i'm anxious that I wont get it right.

What are my options? What size tanks/stocking do you all have?

Any reccomendations and information is highly appreciated. I am very excited about my new home and my prospective new tank!

Thanks ya'll,
Iggy
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Stocking Ideas for a New Tank

Post by Pufferpunk »

Brackish isn't really too difficult but there are several smaller FW puffer species you can keep. All of them I'm afraid though must be kept alone or with conspecifics.
https://www.pufferfishenthusiastsworldw ... pufferfish
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"