Irrubesco tank setup

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Marky Knuckles
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United Kingdom

Irrubesco tank setup

Post by Marky Knuckles »

Hi everyone,

I am looking into setting up a irrubesco tank. I know they like a lots of plants. I have looked at various websites and some do plant collections like jungle style and discus style collections. Would one of these collections be a good start point for my tank to which I can add to. I have seen them at Java plants and aquariumgarden. I would really appreciate any help. I have wood soaking for the last couple of weeks and also have Gobi rock. I am going for aquarium soil with a sand covering ( JBL PLANT BASIC AND SANSIBAR SAND ).
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Irrubesco tank setup

Post by Pufferpunk »

Plant types are mostly dependent on what light you are using. Also, you might go with a Flourite-based substrate. How large is the tank? Lots of broken lines of sight are a must!
https://www.pufferfishenthusiastsworldw ... care-sheet
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Marky Knuckles
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United Kingdom

Post by Marky Knuckles »

Hi,

I am using JBL aquabasic plus soil with JBL sansibar sand on top. My tank is 3ft long and 130litres. The lighting is led. My tank is an aqua one horizon 130. I am going to use liquid carbon to start with as unsure on co2 injection.
Mookies
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Sweden

Post by Mookies »

Mine loves anubias which i stuck in cracks near rock caves. They use them to hide under the leaves, and i have a bunch of Giant Val and Hygrophila Corymbosa. Super adorable and quirky puffers. One thing tho, mine loooooves to "taste test" leaves. So it will look like someone took a puncher and nibbed all the leaves :P They grow bored of it after a while until they remember and do a bunch of leaves again. lol Not sure if its just mine or they species, got several other puffers hat has never touched any plants :P