Is this ich on my dogface?
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 pm
So Scooby is fat, dumb, and happy. Very active. Great appetite, not sluggish or showing any signs of issue. However. Yesterday I noticed he puffed for no apparent reason, there were no tank mates around. It was only 1-2 secs, then back to normal. Because of the puff I got worried and closely examined him and noticed these white spots on his fins. Unfortunately because he is white I can’t notice any on the body. I don’t think they were there before. But if it is ich, I need to get him out and healthy so the other guys don’t get infested. So far no one else in the tank has any signs or symptoms either.
I could just be a worry wart since it’s a new set up, but rather be safe and come to the experts for some guidance.
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if link is going to work for pics.
Ph-8.0
ammonia-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-30-40
Salinity-1.024
Using API Master test kit.
Tank size-125g
Inhabitants-1 dogface puffer, 1 lion fish, 1 snowflake eel, 3 turbos, 10 hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 7 Astraea snails.
Feed tue, thurs, and sun. 10-20% water changes every Sunday to try and cut down the nitrates slowly.
Tank was cycled for 7weeks by fishless cycle. Added inhabitants week 8. No changes since. Tank is 2.5-3 months old.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Panda03Be ... a1b7df3ed7
I could just be a worry wart since it’s a new set up, but rather be safe and come to the experts for some guidance.
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if link is going to work for pics.
Ph-8.0
ammonia-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-30-40
Salinity-1.024
Using API Master test kit.
Tank size-125g
Inhabitants-1 dogface puffer, 1 lion fish, 1 snowflake eel, 3 turbos, 10 hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 7 Astraea snails.
Feed tue, thurs, and sun. 10-20% water changes every Sunday to try and cut down the nitrates slowly.
Tank was cycled for 7weeks by fishless cycle. Added inhabitants week 8. No changes since. Tank is 2.5-3 months old.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Panda03Be ... a1b7df3ed7