Page 1 of 1
Help with porcupine puffer
Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:41 pm
by a10crewchief79
I have had my porcupine puffer for about a year now. He eats like a horse. Very healthy. But is nothing like all the forums I have been reading. Very shy an secluded. What can/should I do to remedy my problem
Re: Help with porcupine puffer
Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:49 pm
by Pufferpunk
How big is the Tank, tank mates, how much live rock? Do you have lots of hidey-holes and swim thrus in that rock?
Re: Help with porcupine puffer
Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:52 pm
by a10crewchief79
150 gal tank running 8 years. Parameters are good also.Tons of rock plenty of places to hide. 2 clowns and 4 chromis
Re: Help with porcupine puffer
Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm
by Pufferpunk
I have to tell you, I am always shocked at how shy these animals are when I go scuba diving. Considering they have three forms of protection from enemies: ability to blow up larger than a fish's mouth, spikes, and poison. You would think that these fish would be out in the open swimming right in your face constantly! Yet, I find them to be mostly nocturnal and shy. Just make sure you got plenty of swim through and hidey holes for them to retreat to built into your live rock decor.