Amazon Pufferfish Cloudy Eye
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:47 pm
Hello,
It's been a while since my last post here. For about two and a half weeks my three Amazon puffers, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, have been in my 36g system. Prior to that, they were quarantined and treated with Prazipro, and I made sure each was healthy and eating. Yesterday, when feeding mysis to my fish, I noticed Huey has developed a cloudy and somewhat inflamed eye. There are also white marks on his side, so I assume he was fighting with and got bit by the other pufferfish. All three are still swimming and eating normally, though Huey seems even more skittish than his normal self. I did a 50% water change just to correct possible issues in water quality. Today, Huey's eye still looks cloudy and inflamed, and I am wondering if I should start dosing melafix next. What is the best course of action? Should I treat the whole tank, or move Huey back into quarantine, with the risk of stressing him more?
It's been a while since my last post here. For about two and a half weeks my three Amazon puffers, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, have been in my 36g system. Prior to that, they were quarantined and treated with Prazipro, and I made sure each was healthy and eating. Yesterday, when feeding mysis to my fish, I noticed Huey has developed a cloudy and somewhat inflamed eye. There are also white marks on his side, so I assume he was fighting with and got bit by the other pufferfish. All three are still swimming and eating normally, though Huey seems even more skittish than his normal self. I did a 50% water change just to correct possible issues in water quality. Today, Huey's eye still looks cloudy and inflamed, and I am wondering if I should start dosing melafix next. What is the best course of action? Should I treat the whole tank, or move Huey back into quarantine, with the risk of stressing him more?