Page 1 of 1

Baby Pea puffer flashing!!

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:33 pm
by Bettalover04
Hi everyone I am not new to fish keeping but I am new to puffer keeping. I just got a baby pea puffer from my lfs, he’s about 1/2 an inch! He’s in a 5.5 planted tank. I’ve noticed that he is flashing and I’m not exactly sure how to approach this. He is still quite active and I enjoy watching him hunt the pond snails in his tank. Could this just be from the stress of switching environments, or is it more likely to be some sort of parasite. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to treat him or any medications will help?

Re: Baby Pea puffer flashing!!

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:08 pm
by Pufferpunk
I would keep an eye on him for now. If you are sure he has parasites, you can treat with Prazipro or Ich-X.

Are you aware these fish prefer to live in groups?

Re: Baby Pea puffer flashing!!

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm
by Pufferpunk
How's he doing?