Page 1 of 1
Dragon puffer feeding
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 am
by Markpetergreen
Hi! I have recently bought a freshwater dragon puffer and although heโs happy eating his usual, to save money is it possible to feed him crabs from the ocean or will the salt content kill him? Is there a way to desalinate them? Please let me know ASAP thanks

Re: Dragon puffer feeding
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:39 am
by Pufferpunk
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Great find! I really wouldn't do that, as there will be possible parasites in those crabs. Better yet is to buy food from your grocery store in the fish section.
library/feeding/feeding-your-puffers/
Re: Dragon puffer feeding
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:25 pm
by pufferjw
I agree that you're better off buying frozen shrimp, squid, fish, etc. but I actually have fed my puffers SW feeders without an issue. 99 percent of the time, SW parasites are not transferable to FW fish.