Page 1 of 1
SAP in 300l
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:29 pm
by danise
Hi.
What fishes can live with colomesus asellus? What fishes live with SAP in their natural habitat?
Can I introduce only 1 colomesus asellus in the tank?
Re: SAP in 300l
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm
by Pufferpunk
Re: SAP in 300l
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 am
by pufferjw
danise wrote: ↑Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi.
What fishes can live with colomesus asellus? What fishes live with SAP in their natural habitat?
Can I introduce only 1 colomesus asellus in the tank?
Anything that is too fast to get caught and too big to be hunted should be fine. Mine actually lived perfectly fine with an L82 opal spot pleco. If you're looking for South American tankmates, then I'd probably recommend a medium sized pleco or a school of diamond tetras. Many sources say to either keep them by themselves or in schools of 6 or more, but I had a pair of them that did perfectly well, so that should also be a viable option.
Re: SAP in 300l
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 pm
by danise
Tank: 100x60x55. A lot of plants and driftwood.
My 2 ideas:
-1 SAP and a group of moenkhausia (other similar group fishes?!). Every snails in the tank are for the SAP Diet.
Whereas the SAP is only 1 (max 2), all "hard food" is for it. I hope the tooth grow up more slowly.
-3 SAP and a little group of 6-7 Callichthyidae.
Diet: live artemia/daphnia/mosquito larvae and frozen chironomus, frozen krill and frozen mysis. Sometimes crab legs or chopped cockles.
I hope my english is clear.
Re: SAP in 300l
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:21 pm
by pufferjw
danise wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 pm
Tank: 100x60x55. A lot of plants and driftwood.
My 2 ideas:
-1 SAP and a group of moenkhausia (other similar group fishes?!). Every snails in the tank are for the SAP Diet.
Whereas the SAP is only 1 (max 2), all "hard food" is for it. I hope the tooth grow up more slowly.
-3 SAP and a little group of 6-7 Callichthyidae.
Diet: live artemia/daphnia/mosquito larvae and frozen chironomus, frozen krill and frozen mysis. Sometimes crab legs or chopped cockles.
I hope my english is clear.
Yeah that sounds like it should work.
Re: SAP in 300l
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:27 pm
by freshpuffer1
I have a SAP too, and it is doing fine with my guppies and my shiners. (Yes, wild ones.) I just suggest that you keep the SAP with tankmates it's own size and bigger. But make sure the bigger tankmates, if you get them don't harass the SAP.