Fahaka arrived

Discuss & learn about Mbu, Fahaka, Mappa & other giant puffers.
NJD
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): UK

Fahaka arrived

Post by NJD »

Hi,

Finally went to the LFS to pick up my Fahaka. I've included pics below of his tank and a pic of him.

At the moment he looks a bit lost in that tank however he seems to be loving it (I guess it's like a palace to him compared to the LFS tank!). Can't wait to see him grow!.

I introduced him yesterday. I saw him eat some brine shrimp in the store and he ate that well. He's now swimming around the tank and attacking anything that looks even vaguely like a snail!!

I am going to order some frozen snails and so I have a constantly supply of them (defrosting them before feeding!). Although he's small I think if I crush them a bit he will manage. I will also try jumbo shrimp/white fish fillets cut into small pieces.

I have a spare 180L tank at the moment so may use that to try breed red cherry shrimp (and gutload these) and also snails.

Once he's eating well and I can spot his fave food, I'll use a de-wormer in the next week or two just in case.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NJD
Figure 8 Puffer

Re: Fahaka arrived

Post by NJD »

pic of tank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Congrats! I hope he gives you a lifetime of entertainment. Mine lived 19 years.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
NJD
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by NJD »

Thanks PP! I think he's already grown.
Big_Fahaka
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Post by Big_Fahaka »

This is my first response on here and please take it the right way as this is from the best place possible. As a large aquarium owner and a carpenter, I just gotta ask if that stand is meant for that tank? It looks like from the pic that the edges are not supported and hate to see a post from you that the stand gave out. If you google wet weight of aquariums and look at your dimensions you'll be surprised how heavy they are compared to how cheap the stands are built (my 65gal is just under 700lbs full). Again, Congratulations on the Fahaka, we've had ours for about 8 months and he's easily become the family pet favorite over the cat and dog. B
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Thanks for noticing that! I agree 100%.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"