Page 1 of 1

Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 pm
by Kj’s Puffers
Hi there,
I'm very new to puffers and for Christmas I'm setting up a 15 gallon puffer tank. I'm going to get a single figure 8 puffer, but I was wondering if I could get 2-3 bumblebee gobies as well. I'm going to have plenty of caves, rocks, fake plants and hopefully live plants. On aqadvisor the stock level is 107% and my filtration is an enihim pickup 60. I can get a sponge filter if that would be needed as well though. Would this work, or if not are there any tank mates for my figure 8 puffer?
Thanks in advance, Kate.

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am
by Pufferpunk
Considering a 15g is the bare minimum for a single F8, you could try a few BBGs but my F8s always ate them. I wouldn't try anything else.

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm
by Kj’s Puffers
Awsome thank you for the reply. I’ll try them if it goes well then I’ll stick with them if not, I’ll take them back. How many would you recommend?

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 am
by Pufferpunk
2-3

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm
by devildog999
Why not just go with a 20 gallon or a little larger? The extra 5 gallons wouldn't take up much more room but would give more for a larger bio-laod.

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:11 am
by hadla
Yeah if you’re in the us, a 29g set up is probably cheaper than a 15

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am
by Pufferpunk
^^^^^^
AGREED!!!

Re: Figure 8 and bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon?

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 am
by hadla
Noticed they’re in NZ...