Page 1 of 1

malabar puffer species tank

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:57 pm
by Seren
Hello and thank you for having me, you are a wonderful find.
I have kept tropical fish on and off for about 50 years, my dad bought me my first tank when I was 10. I have wanted a species only a tank for ages and I think I may now be able to do it - and have the finances to do it properly. I have driven myself and everyone else crazy trying to decide what fish to chose and I have fallen in love with these little charmers.
I'm going to have loads of questions but may I start with what would be the ideal size tank and stocking numbers?
Thank you so much x

Re: malabar puffer species tank

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:44 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
What size tank do you have? Are you interested in FW, BW or SW?

Re: malabar puffer species tank

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:00 am
by Seren
I do ot have the tank yet, I shall get the size that you guys recommend, I have seen a very nice 60cm x 50cm x 35"h that would be ideal for where it would go but I would rather fit the tank and set up to the fish rather than the other way round.
I'm interested in fw, specifically carinotetraodon travancoricus.
Many thanks.