Page 1 of 1
New to the forum
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 pm
by Brksrandall
I have 55 gallon set up for SAP. I am new to puffers but have had aquariums for years. Ive researched SAP puffers for months and I now have it currently cycling. I have also started a smaller tank for ramshorm snails. Can't wait till I can order my 3 puffers in a couple weeks.
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:43 am
by Pufferpunk
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Be sure your tank has plenty of cover across the back & sides & open swimming space in the middle. You have read all about their regular dentistry needs?
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 am
by Brksrandall
Yes it is heavily planted with currents in the front. Both back and sides have plants. With plenty of hiding spaces. As for the dentistry I heard I need to get clove oil? Is this right.
As far as the snails go. Can I throw som in my 55 to breed or should I keep them separately
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:42 pm
by Pufferpunk
No, clove oil stops them from breathing, causing possible permanent brain damage. You need MS-222 (Finquel) for that.
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:25 pm
by Brksrandall
Ok thanks. Is it a good idea to put snails in their tank and just let them breed in there, or should I keep them separately
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm
by hadla
Not to mention you can't contain the smell of clove oil :/
Re: New to the forum
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 pm
by Pufferpunk
Brksrandall wrote: ↑Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:25 pm
Ok thanks. Is it a good idea to put snails in their tank and just let them breed in there, or should I keep them separately
Never a good idea to bred food in a predator's home.