Tiny black spots
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:31 pm
Good evening all and any,
I have a GSP it is about 2-3 inches long, In brackish water, I am using Solar Salt all natural water softening crystals in a 29 gallon tank it has a plesco in the tank with it unfortunately i do not know what kind of plesco because it was thrown out in a tank I found and I brought it home it(plesco) was still living amongst a tank full of dead red snails. I disgarded the tank I found it in and immediately went out and purchased the 29 gallon tank. Since the tank hadnt been up at all I put that plesco in a 10 gallon tank with air and filter for roughly 9 days as I was trying to create an environment for the lil guy, all was well for about 3 weeks then I all of a sudden I noticed in the new tank tiny red snails! I never put any snail in this tank as I thought they were all dead...
2 months later I bought the GSP and was assured it would be fine in the same tank. About 2 weeks in I noticed the GPS (dozer we called it) had these little tiny black spots on its white part of the belly that looked like tiny grains of dirt. It was Tuesday when I noticed it and Wednesday morning it was floating at the top of the tank dead
I changed the water and let the plesco stay in it.
The place I purchased the GSP hadnt had any GPS because of the hurricane that hit the south so there wasnt another GSP until January 2017. There was a good 3 month wait until we could get another one.
It is 2-3 inches long and I brought it home with a Raphael catfish that can survive with the GSP and today I noticed those same black dots on this GSP whose name is "Tank" because it is bigger than Dozer was. I changed 59 percent of the water and added its salt crystals. I am worried. Any advice?
I have a GSP it is about 2-3 inches long, In brackish water, I am using Solar Salt all natural water softening crystals in a 29 gallon tank it has a plesco in the tank with it unfortunately i do not know what kind of plesco because it was thrown out in a tank I found and I brought it home it(plesco) was still living amongst a tank full of dead red snails. I disgarded the tank I found it in and immediately went out and purchased the 29 gallon tank. Since the tank hadnt been up at all I put that plesco in a 10 gallon tank with air and filter for roughly 9 days as I was trying to create an environment for the lil guy, all was well for about 3 weeks then I all of a sudden I noticed in the new tank tiny red snails! I never put any snail in this tank as I thought they were all dead...
2 months later I bought the GSP and was assured it would be fine in the same tank. About 2 weeks in I noticed the GPS (dozer we called it) had these little tiny black spots on its white part of the belly that looked like tiny grains of dirt. It was Tuesday when I noticed it and Wednesday morning it was floating at the top of the tank dead
I changed the water and let the plesco stay in it.
The place I purchased the GSP hadnt had any GPS because of the hurricane that hit the south so there wasnt another GSP until January 2017. There was a good 3 month wait until we could get another one.
It is 2-3 inches long and I brought it home with a Raphael catfish that can survive with the GSP and today I noticed those same black dots on this GSP whose name is "Tank" because it is bigger than Dozer was. I changed 59 percent of the water and added its salt crystals. I am worried. Any advice?
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)