Page 1 of 1

Hi from Texas

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm
by Drvivc
Good afternoon! A few weeks ago I sort of stumbled into puffer fish ownership. She was an impulse buy,sold to me as a fresh water puffer, but to the best of my ability Per Google, she's an F8 puffer, so brackish. Asked about it at the pet store & they said she could live in fresh water if pH was right. Well, everything I seem to read says she needs brackish water, so I have a box of marine salt, a refractometer on the way & with the help of your forum, I'll get this figured out. She's currently in a 12 gallon bow front tank (it was already cycled) She was pretty mad the first few days & when I add stuff to the tank, but now she seems happy. She ate every snail in the tank, and the ghost shrimp I got for her. Currently she's eating frozen Mysis shrimp & I'm thinking im going to start a separate tank for snails or shrimp to keep her fed & hunting??

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to making sure Mrs. Puff is happy & healthy.

Vivian

Re: Hi from Texas

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:38 pm
by Pufferpunk