Page 1 of 1

Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 pm
by Tom2468
Hello, I have kept fish for quite a few years but am fairly new to puffers. I have an emerald puffer (common puffer) and 2 figure of 8s. They are in a 35 gallon freshwater tank that is planted and has lots of rockery and caves. They seem okay together and keep themselves to themselves. The question is do you think they are going to remain okay together? Can different species of puffer be mixed in together ? Thanks !!!!

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:43 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Do you know the species name of your "Emerald/Common" puffer?
The 35g is good for the 2 F8s, they need to be in brackish water though.
http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/lib ... ocus/fig8/
http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=19348

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:53 pm
by Tom2468
Tetraodon cutcutia I believe. Thanks !

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm
by Tom2468
Yeah I have just got them so will be converting to brackish very soon.

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:53 pm
by CarpCharacin
Tom2468 wrote:Yeah I have just got them so will be converting to brackish very soon.
No need to post multiple times. It won't make your posts get approved any faster.

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 am
by Tom2468
I'm having problems with my phone and didn't think it had sent through....sorry if it upset you

Re: Hello some advice please ??

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 am
by Pufferpunk
The cutcutia is a FW fish & will kill your F8s.