Page 1 of 1

Where are my manners?!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:34 pm
by DDR2
Hello from Knoxville, TNBeen visiting the forum for a couple of months and just realized I haven't introduced myself. Been keeping fish for almost 30 years. Started with a goldfish in a bowl when I was 9 and moved to cichlids when I was 12. I've kept central American, south American, and African cichlids, Channa, predatory characoids and catfish, freshwater stingrays, arowannas, reef and planted aquariums. Working in a lfs (Tropicana in Chicago ), I dealt with puffers all the time but never kept one myself. Years ago I kept a small figure 8 puffer in a heavily planted, unfiltered aquarium. I only put him in there to take care of the snails but something about him stuck in my head and stayed for the next ten years. Then I saw him at work one day. A beautiful, vicious, malevolent abei puffer. And here I am, watching out for my fingers and loving it...

Re: Where are my manners?!

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:36 am
by DDR2
Oh,and I have other fish, too. A 8" Polypterus senegalus, a 14" peacock eel, 3 lg pictus catfish, and an African knife fish in one tank. And I just brought home a small figure 8 puffer that needed re-homing from a customer at work.

Re: Where are my manners?!

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm
by Pufferpunk
Moved to Greenville Sc, 16 months ago. Maryville, TN was our 2nd choice.

Re: Where are my manners?!

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:32 pm
by DDR2
Never been to Greenville, but Maryville is like a maze. Terrible traffic, nothing to do but go to Knoxville. You probably made the right call. I hear Greenville is nice.