Page 1 of 1
Fahaka puffer help!!!
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 pm
by seanedgar
My puffer, 4 inch, came to me from lfs, I've tried to feed my little beauty but won't eat cockles, muscles. He eats pest snails but when I put in the cockle or muscle he won't eat. Getting worried for him,
I have had him 2 days and was told he eats perfect, he has a little belly on him.
I know it's early days but I am running out of pest snails.
Please help
Re: Fahaka puffer help!!!
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:00 am
by Pufferpunk
What did they say he was eating at the shop? My fahaka always went on hunger strikes after moving him. Sometimes for 2 weeks! Live earthworms usually got him interested in food again.
How was your tank cycled? Lots of decor & caves so he feels safe in there?
Re: Fahaka puffer help!!!
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm
by pokeystar
MY fahaka refused cockles and muscles for a year. Ate blood worm, snails (I breed them) earth worms, white shrimp (frozen). Following a internal parasite problem he lost a lot of weight then recovered with treatment following that he ate everything offered and now likes muscles and cockles more than anything else. They are funny personalities