GSP Normal Behavior?
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:21 pm
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but have been keeping fish tanks for along time now. Recently I decided to setup a 75 gallon grow out tank and wanted to do brackish fish. I got the tank cycled and running low end brackish with 3 small (1 inch) GSPs. These 3 have gotten along very well since I got them 2 weeks ago, and only really steal food from each other. Recently one of the larger 2 started just chilling down in the gravel over on the side of the tank. He'll come up and eat and take laps around the tank but reverts back to just chilling on the bottom. I've never noticed this before and it just has me on edge. The water parameters are good (using tube freshwater API kit) and stay under 5ppm nitrates with weekly 15 gallon water changes. Any thoughts on if this is stress related or if this is normal? Only 1 of three doing it. I did read that their bellies can turn dark if stressed, all 3 have very white bellies. Also they've been fed freeze dried shrimp since I got them.
http://imgur.com/3nff7MR
Sorry for the grainy photo, zoomed in with my cell phone to take the photo.
I'm new to this forum but have been keeping fish tanks for along time now. Recently I decided to setup a 75 gallon grow out tank and wanted to do brackish fish. I got the tank cycled and running low end brackish with 3 small (1 inch) GSPs. These 3 have gotten along very well since I got them 2 weeks ago, and only really steal food from each other. Recently one of the larger 2 started just chilling down in the gravel over on the side of the tank. He'll come up and eat and take laps around the tank but reverts back to just chilling on the bottom. I've never noticed this before and it just has me on edge. The water parameters are good (using tube freshwater API kit) and stay under 5ppm nitrates with weekly 15 gallon water changes. Any thoughts on if this is stress related or if this is normal? Only 1 of three doing it. I did read that their bellies can turn dark if stressed, all 3 have very white bellies. Also they've been fed freeze dried shrimp since I got them.
http://imgur.com/3nff7MR
Sorry for the grainy photo, zoomed in with my cell phone to take the photo.
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)