My 300g CustomAquariums.com tank

Look! A section for non-puffer and/or non-aquarium photos! Oh joy!
DMD123
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Tetraodon baileyi (Hairy Puffer, named Gizmo)
Location (country): USA

Re: My 300g CustomAquariums.com tank

Post by DMD123 »

My last big tank was a 210g, so basically same footprint as the 180g, just taller. I went under the house and reinforced the floor for that one.

With the 300g we had moved and remodeled the house so the design was focused around the big tank. Still did a floor reinforcement but much better this time with a concrete slab to build up on. So the spot where the tank sits could hold an even heavier tank... though there is no room. Unless I took out a bathroom, lol. That wouldnt go over well with the wife!
300g Pearsei x1, Bala Sharks x 3, Dabola endli (Tinkisso river) x1, Ansorgii x1
65B Hairy Puffer
65B Angel fish x1, Monk tetra x7, BN Pleco x2
90G red devil
90G Trimac
46G Bowfront Community tank
30G Growout
AlibiStellatus
Puffer Fry
Location (country): British Columbia, Canada

Post by AlibiStellatus »

DMD123 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:19 pm My tank from http://www.CustomAquariums.com

The tank is 300g. 96" long, 24" wide, 30" tall

Oh if you cant tell from the review, I really have enjoyed the entire experience dealing with CustomAquariums.com and recommend them to anyone wanting a high quality aquarium. Feel free to call or email them, They got back with me quickly on all my questions.
Thanks for sharing this! I've been looking into getting a 300+ gallon tank and I really want to deal with a quality company and get it right the first time considering the amount of money it's going to cost to acquire. I thought after looking at YouTube videos and other "endorsed" personalities recommending it that it was just a sponsored response.

Helpful, thanks again!
DMD123
Fahaka Puffer

Post by DMD123 »

I know a lot of people thought I was crazy going glass with this big of a tank but Im not a fan of acrylic. Ive owned acrylic and it was a ton of work keeping it looking good and it always looked scratchy with me constantly having to buff it out. So I went glass and Im still happy I did. Also doing the low iron was worth every penny. If you have any questions please ask.
65B Hairy Puffer
90G red devil
90G Trimac
30G Growout
JayEmpty
Puffer Fry

Post by JayEmpty »

Thanks for sharing this. I also like glass a lot more than acrylic even though it's heavier. This tank was from two years ago. How is it doing now? What's your stocking? Do you have a new full tank shot? I just wanted to know because, who knows, I might be able to afford a monstrous tank in the near future.

Thanks again.
DMD123
Fahaka Puffer

Post by DMD123 »

Still happy with everything. The company uses a high quality black silicone and all seals look great.

Stocking is in my signature with the main cichlid being the pearsei at 14-15” and the het at about 9”. The bichirs are in the 15-19” range. Tank looks empty but the fish are all large and have their space. I had more stock but decided to downsize for ease of maintenance. I shoot for 2 large water changes per week but with the light stock I can on busy weeks just do the one and the fish do fine. I am over filtering with 3 FX6 canisters and a 36w uv sterilizer.
65B Hairy Puffer
90G red devil
90G Trimac
30G Growout