Page 1 of 1

Hello from Portland

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:43 am
by gerbear
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums; I've been in the hobby for about two years and have enjoyed reading the forum voraciously. Finally summoned the spine to make an account. Right now these are my tanks:

- 15 gallon column tank with 1 betta splendens and 6 small mystery snails, heavily planted

- 20L, heavily planted, with two South American Puffers (I am struggling between knowing they do better in threes, but not wanting to overload the tank)

I've already learned a lot from the posts and articles here, so I figured I'd join the community so hopefully, I can help someone else. Or more likely, I can finally ask for advice. :D

Like for instance, just how MUCH I should do for hidey-holes and nooks and crannies for my puffers...but I'm guessing the answer would be "whatever I can fit"!

Re: Hello from Portland

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:40 am
by Pufferpunk

Re: Hello from Portland

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm
by gerbear
I think you are right, because the last couple days it is clear to me that they are not happy at all. They're not swimming around much and they sit at the bottom a lot, when they're not pacing the corners. Might just have to tell my husband that my Christmas present is a 55g setup and get these guys in an appropriate home. In the upgrade, would you suggest two more? I thought in your writings I saw 15 gallons or so per puffer (which, clearly, I should've listened to in the first place.)