Hello from Southport
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:22 am
Hi everyone, my name is Anne, and I have been considering having a puffer fish for quite a long time now. My favorite puffer is the Porcupine, but in fairness to the fish, I really do think I would find setting up a good tank for one of these quite beyond me. However, I also think the GSP's are rather adorable, and also the little dwarf puffers. I have much, so much to learn first though, as being involved deeply in rescue for around 23 years I have seen all to many times the cost to the animal when people leap in first, and learn later.It's not just unkind, but all too often, it kills.
So, here I am to learn, learn and learn some more. I am truly starting from scratch, basically clueless. In fact, I give myself too much credit there, I am TOTALLY clueless.
I already have a tank, 34 US gallons which recently became vacant due to the demise of my beloved Betta fish, Ernest. He was a rescue fish, in a very poor state when I first got him, and he brought joy to my life for over four years before his time came to 'swim home'. Over 2 months on, and I still miss that tiny little face, bless him.
Am more than happy to share some of my many rescue stories and video journals, but only if you would like to hear about them, I would hate to bore you, and this intro is a bit of an epic as it is
So, that's a little bit about me for now
Here is a video of what was Ernest's tank,this is the tank my puffer would be moving in to. I have now shared out all his belongings to other people who have fish, so the set-up will be completely fresh, new, and in this case, live only I think, not live plants AND plastic. Would that be best?
Would be glad of opinions as to whether it would be large enough for one GSP, or 2 or 3 dwarf puffers. Currently, I feel more of a pull towards the GSP, but my heart and my mind are open
here is the tank, and my beautiful little pal Ernest <3
Warmest regards from
Anne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_m6F2ulnFg
So, here I am to learn, learn and learn some more. I am truly starting from scratch, basically clueless. In fact, I give myself too much credit there, I am TOTALLY clueless.
I already have a tank, 34 US gallons which recently became vacant due to the demise of my beloved Betta fish, Ernest. He was a rescue fish, in a very poor state when I first got him, and he brought joy to my life for over four years before his time came to 'swim home'. Over 2 months on, and I still miss that tiny little face, bless him.
Am more than happy to share some of my many rescue stories and video journals, but only if you would like to hear about them, I would hate to bore you, and this intro is a bit of an epic as it is
So, that's a little bit about me for now
Here is a video of what was Ernest's tank,this is the tank my puffer would be moving in to. I have now shared out all his belongings to other people who have fish, so the set-up will be completely fresh, new, and in this case, live only I think, not live plants AND plastic. Would that be best?
Would be glad of opinions as to whether it would be large enough for one GSP, or 2 or 3 dwarf puffers. Currently, I feel more of a pull towards the GSP, but my heart and my mind are open
here is the tank, and my beautiful little pal Ernest <3
Warmest regards from
Anne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_m6F2ulnFg
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)