Page 1 of 1
First time pea puffer keeper!
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 pm
by moh
Hello, Im new to this forum and to the concept of keeping pea puffers

Im stupidly excited about getting pea puffers in the next couple months. I have a 20 gallon standard tank that Ill be setting up in the next few days and cycling with about 10 zebra danios for 4 to 6 weeks. A local petstore carries about 4 to 5 pea puffers at a time. I have several questions and will be starting a topic in the right forum. Looking forward to learning about these fascinating puffers and meeting everyone here

Re: First time pea puffer keeper!
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:10 pm
by Pufferpunk
Re: First time pea puffer keeper!
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:41 pm
by moh
Im not sure where I would get a bacteria source from, unless the LFS Ill be buying the DPs from is willing to help with that. I know there are bottles of acteria starter (I actually have a bottle currently) will that work in a fish less cycle?
Re: First time pea puffer keeper!
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:44 am
by Pufferpunk
Re: First time pea puffer keeper!
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:47 pm
by Welch4
My lfs will usually give me a couple handful of filter floss from there established air driven filters.