Fluval canister Fx6
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:43 am
Hello everyone,
Tank size: 125 gallons
Filtration: 2 70 gallon power filters
Tank mates: 7 inch Fahaka puffer, 2 Gouramis, 8 inch Pleco, & feeder fish
We currently have our 125 gallon tank running with just two 70 gallon power filters that sit on the back of our tank & are looking into a canister filter. I work at Petsmart, thank goodness for employee discounts, & know a lot about filters for normal aquariums...but not a lot about filters for puffer-friendly aquariums. Fluval makes a canister filter that works for 100 gallons as well as the Fx6 that works for 400 gallons. We are thinking of switching over our tank to a canister filter. I have done research & know that the Fluval Fx6 churns up quite a current in a tank..I have read online & heard from customers who have this canister filter for their African cichlid tanks or their turtle tanks, but no one is able to tell me if they are good for a puffer tank.
If anyone has a Fluval Fx6 installed in their puffer tank or if anyone has heard of this being successful please help!!
Tank size: 125 gallons
Filtration: 2 70 gallon power filters
Tank mates: 7 inch Fahaka puffer, 2 Gouramis, 8 inch Pleco, & feeder fish
We currently have our 125 gallon tank running with just two 70 gallon power filters that sit on the back of our tank & are looking into a canister filter. I work at Petsmart, thank goodness for employee discounts, & know a lot about filters for normal aquariums...but not a lot about filters for puffer-friendly aquariums. Fluval makes a canister filter that works for 100 gallons as well as the Fx6 that works for 400 gallons. We are thinking of switching over our tank to a canister filter. I have done research & know that the Fluval Fx6 churns up quite a current in a tank..I have read online & heard from customers who have this canister filter for their African cichlid tanks or their turtle tanks, but no one is able to tell me if they are good for a puffer tank.
If anyone has a Fluval Fx6 installed in their puffer tank or if anyone has heard of this being successful please help!!