Hello from Germany + some questions
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:15 am
Hey everyone,
my name is Philipp and I am from Frankfurt/Germany.
As the puffer fish community in Germany is very small I thought I join a more international forum.
To start off, I have some questions and I hope it is fine if I write them right here.
Frist of all I do not own any puffer fish, but I really would love to
So I've read a lot in the last days, trying to gather as much information as possible. In the end I was a little confused as the information were somehow contradictory.
The tetraodon biocellatus therefore might be 1) a fish which should be held separately (it was written that they are very aggressive, when they get older) or 2) a fish that likes to be in a group. How do you keep this puffer fish?
The tetraodon nigroviridis (the other option) can be kept in groups of 2-3 but I have read about a trillion different tank sizes. starting from 100L (26gal) up to 500L (132 gal). So I do not know if a tank with the size of 120x40x30cm would be big enough (50"x16"x12")?
I am breeding dwarf shrimp and I set up a small tank for snails, so there is enough food for puffi and his friends.
Cheers
Philipp
my name is Philipp and I am from Frankfurt/Germany.
As the puffer fish community in Germany is very small I thought I join a more international forum.
To start off, I have some questions and I hope it is fine if I write them right here.
Frist of all I do not own any puffer fish, but I really would love to
The tetraodon biocellatus therefore might be 1) a fish which should be held separately (it was written that they are very aggressive, when they get older) or 2) a fish that likes to be in a group. How do you keep this puffer fish?
The tetraodon nigroviridis (the other option) can be kept in groups of 2-3 but I have read about a trillion different tank sizes. starting from 100L (26gal) up to 500L (132 gal). So I do not know if a tank with the size of 120x40x30cm would be big enough (50"x16"x12")?
I am breeding dwarf shrimp and I set up a small tank for snails, so there is enough food for puffi and his friends.
Cheers
Philipp
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)