Just bought my little buddy today!
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 pm
As I'm sure with nearly everyone that had seen a figure 8 puffer in the store (looking all cute and innocent. ha!) I had to have one. I did a lot of research before I bought the little guy. Actually he's pretty big compared to the one i had seen earlier, anyways... My set up is a 10gal, with a filter good for up to 30gal. i have lots of fake plants and a few real ones. his only tank mate is a blue crayfish/lobster (whom i gave a shelter to hide away in from the puffer) i have not yet turned it into a brackish tank because the puffer was in a freshwater tank and i did not want to risk shocking him. however i will slowly raise the salinity once he is not stressed from the move any longer. i maybe shouldnt have choose this puffer because he has some grey on his tummy. he did see me and i was observing him and noticed his tail fin is a little clamped. i went out for a bit and came back to the store and when the little guy saw me again he showed me his whole tail fin then clamped it back. i couldnt say no. he needed to be rescued. hence... why he is in my tank. so thats my story!
Brianna
Brianna
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)