Page 1 of 1

New to puffers Want to Learn

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 pm
by nicole1
I recently Got 2 Dwarf Puffers, they are located in my 20 gallon planted tank, their current tank mates are Guppy fry, 6 Ghost shrimp and gazillions of Pond Snails and 3 assassin snails (though 2 are missing), the tank has been set up for 3 months with the guppy fry and snails and shrimp, my water parameters are 0-0-10 with a Ph of 7.4, my tank temp is 78 (sorry used to giving all info), So anyway back to the puffers, there names are Huff and Puff, though I only have a picture of Huff, Puff hasn't been in a spot for a photo opportunity, I have Frozen Blood worms, and snails so far for diet, but am willing to learn more about their diet and how to make them the happiest puffers in town.

Re: New to puffers Want to Learn

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum. That puff needs fattening up a little, have you de-wormed them?

Re: New to puffers Want to Learn

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:23 pm
by nicole1
Im trying to figure out what to use that will be safe for them as I know they are more sensitive that other fish, I have them in the 20 gallon with guppy fry (temporary until they are taken to pet store) Ghost shrimp and many pond snails.

Re: New to puffers Want to Learn

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 pm
by Pufferpunk
Find elsewhere for the Assassin snails, or they will decimate any of your "feeder" snails. I'm afraid those guppies won't fare well with the puffers, either.
library/hospital/internal-parasites-pre ... treatment/
library/puffers-in-focus/dwarfpuffercare/

Re: New to puffers Want to Learn

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 pm
by nicole1
I have a 3 gallon set up as a breeding tank for the snails so when the population gets low I can add more, and the guppy fry are 3 months old they will be going to there new homes soon, but the puffers came from a tank that had guppy fry in it.