Page 1 of 1

Hello From Calgary Canada!

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:43 pm
by stephyl
Hello! I have finally decided to join the forum, I am from Calgary Canada and we just recently bought 9 Dwarf/pea puffers! I have birds, cats, snakes, and a dog. I have a very full house lol. Well, I hope to make some friends!

Re: Hello From Calgary Canada!

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:04 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum. Wow 9 dps! Were you able to sex them? You don't want too many males

Re: Hello From Calgary Canada!

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:48 pm
by hadla
Welcome :) what kind of birds? We have five tiels :)

Re: Hello From Calgary Canada!

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:27 pm
by stephyl
Thanks! Yeah it was a sale they were having at the pet store. 3 for $14. We have a 30 gallon so we said lets get 9, just in case anything happens and we lose a couple. So far we haven't lost any, and they are adorable. We have one named bubbles, he rides the currents of the bubble/light and is the smallest puffer we have. (he or she, not sure lol) so far I don't think we have too many males. I know there is a stripe that you can use to determine? Is it along the side of their body to their tail? They are all getting along wonderfully. We have 3 small neon tetras in there and they all swim around and hang out.


Hadla I have 2 quaker parrots and one cockatiel. We have had the tiel for 8 years, our first quaker for 6 and our second quaker for 3 years. My mom runs a parrot rescue called Birdline here!

Re: Hello From Calgary Canada!

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:58 am
by Pufferpunk
Make sure your tank is heavily decorated, with lots of broken lines of sight.