Page 1 of 1

Hello from the UK

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 am
by Smowy
Hey guys, I'm looking to start up a puffer tank. For some background, I kept tropical fish for a long time a while back, and my dad is an avid fishkeeper with a 370l marine aquarium. I'm planning on getting a 110l aquarium, but I can't decide between a green spotted puffer or a pair of figure eights? I don't know what you guys would recommend. Just looking for some advice and discussion really.
Thanks.

Re: Hello from the UK

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:06 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum. Either would work, it depends on the water chemistry you wish to keep. If you want to hit marine territory go for the gsp, if you feel more comfortable with low brackish stick with the f8s

Re: Hello from the UK

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 am
by Pufferpunk
Stick with F8s, that tank really isn't large enough water volume for an adult GSP.

library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/

Re: Hello from the UK

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:29 am
by Smowy
Yeah, I had a feeling the tank would be too small for a GSP. How many F8s would you recommend? Just two?

Re: Hello from the UK

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 pm
by bertie 83
My maths is bad, yea not quite big enough for a gsp. A pair of f8s would be max. You could have a single f8 with some bumblebee gobies too, masses of personality there