Page 1 of 1

Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm
by IbanezRG
Hi everyone,
I have been reading this board for a little while. Great information and nice people.
I hate for this to be my first post but I really need some advice on my Dogface. I ordered him online in Dec and when he arrived he had a gap in his upper beak. I thought it would grow back but I think the sides are starting to bother him. I tried to research if he needs his beak trimmed but everything I found was on overgrown beaks. As of right now, I dont think he can close his mouth. He is eating although just things that fit in his mouth without moving in.
Anyways, please take a look at the attached pics and lend me your advice. Please let me know if you need any more info. Its a pleasure to meet you all. Timmay!

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 am
by Pufferpunk
Looks more like lockjaw to me. We do have an article on dentistry here, in our Library.
library/hospital/dentistry/

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 pm
by IbanezRG
Many thanks Pufferpunk! That is exactly what it looks like and he was eating krill. He's been eating other things so I will make sure he gets more and I also have some additives. Thanks again! Tim

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:34 am
by Pufferpunk
You may have to resort to force feeding.

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:01 pm
by IbanezRG
Thanks again. So far he is still eating and has a little movement so I am going to monitor him. Tim

Re: Please Help My Puffer (Noob)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:46 pm
by IbanezRG
Hey Pufferpunk,
I was going to send you a PM but I guess am too new so I wanted to say thank you again. Looks like it was caught soon enough, he has actually recovered and closed his mouth. I very much appreciated your advice. Tim