New here and have a few questions
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm
Hi fellow puffer lovers.
I have had my porcupine puffer for a little over a year now. Sadly in the past week and a half she has developed lockjaw:( I am now syringe feeding her by hand a special concoction of vitamins, mysis and spirilina. I got poked today by her spines and am wondering if I need to be concerned? It seems they are toxic only if eaten, correct? Any body else on here dealt with lockjaw and how long did it take before ur puffer was able to eat again on it's own? Any info is appreciated.
I have had my porcupine puffer for a little over a year now. Sadly in the past week and a half she has developed lockjaw:( I am now syringe feeding her by hand a special concoction of vitamins, mysis and spirilina. I got poked today by her spines and am wondering if I need to be concerned? It seems they are toxic only if eaten, correct? Any body else on here dealt with lockjaw and how long did it take before ur puffer was able to eat again on it's own? Any info is appreciated.
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)