Page 1 of 1

new puffer owner

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:05 pm
by AmandaG
Good evening everyone. I was talked into a puffer (I always wanted one) by the fish lady at petco. She said it was a freshwater puffer and would not nip at my other fish. Its a figure eight puffer, she also told me it ate regular fish food..,:+(. After doing some research I might be in over my head but I'm afraid to return it because clearly they didn't know how to care for it either. I have a 90 gallon tank with lots of visual stimulation. Waterfalls, real plants, house, tunnel, volcano ext. I have a bio filter, a\n\n are all at 0. I keep the temp at 77ish and pH on the higher side at 7.8. I also have loaches, golden dojo, black, kuli, and clown. Along with a upsidedown cat and a bumblebee cat. So far Ocho isn't nippy at all but I'm concerned I'm not doing right by him.... Help...

Re: new puffer owner

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:12 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Start here: library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/

Are you sure it's a F8? I didn't know they sold them at Petco: ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Brackish/?g2_GALLE ... 6b1fda7a17

Re: new puffer owner

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:17 am
by AmandaG
Yes, definitely a f8

Re: new puffer owner

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:04 am
by hadla
Yeah... I've only ever seen saltwater puffs at petco... And not very many