Page 1 of 1

Lurker to poster...

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:41 pm
by Alleycat
Hello,
Been into this hobby for several decades, but mostly breeding and raising Tanganyikan Cichlids. Along the way I've kept a puffer or two, and always enjoyed their oddities and personalities.
Now I find myself with a couple of spare tanks, and I've begun collecting a few different species that I find available in my LFS.
That being said, I have a spare 125g that's screaming MBU ... So my search is on.
Time to dig into some of the many threads and get caught up....

Cheers!

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm
by sgtmyers88
Welcome :)

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 pm
by Arny
Rather than getting a mbu you'd be better off getting a fahaka with a tank that size

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:34 am
by hadla
Welcome :) I vote for a huge swarm of dps!!! The sheer cuteness would kill me XD

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 am
by Alleycat
Arny wrote:Rather than getting a mbu you'd be better off getting a fahaka with a tank that size
Thanks Arny for your input, and after reading many posts here last night, I don't want to squeeze a fish into a tight space, and a 125 appears to be too small for the MBU ... so, 2 options. Choose the Fahaka which I have had before and enjoyed a lot, or sell off 4 x 125 and put a 410g in their place. :lol:
Decisions...decisions...

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:35 am
by Alleycat
hadla wrote:Welcome :) I vote for a huge swarm of dps!!! The sheer cuteness would kill me XD
dps? I need to check into those :shock: Thanks!

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:55 pm
by DMD123
Welcome to the forum. A Fahaka would be a great puffer for that 125.

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm
by Pufferpunk
Can't you have more than 1 tank? I have lots!

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:10 pm
by Alleycat
Pufferpunk wrote:Can't you have more than 1 tank? I have lots!
Says you with an evil grin ...
Alleycat wrote:I'm revamping my thoughts on my fishroom, and entertaining the thoughts of removing 4 125 on one wall, and replacing them with 1 410g to house some larger fish.
Anyway, here goes:
125g - 5 Geophagus Winemilleri, 5 Mesonauta festivus, 15 Giant Danios ( housed inside for the winter )
125g - 5 Myaka Myaka, pair Astatoreochromis alluaudi , pair Chalinochromis popelini
125g - 8 Cyprichromis sp. Speckleback and fry, pair Lamprologus Ornatipinnis + fry, pair Lamprologus Brevis + fry
125g - Trio Archocentrus centrarchus + fry , Veija Synispilum fry ( 25 growing out ), Synodontis Brichardi.
75g - 6 Neolamprologus Tetracanthus , Trio Cyprichromis Pavo
75g - 5 Cyprichromis Zonatus + fry, 6 Synodontis Petricola + fry
75g - Pair Neolamprologus Nigriventris + fry
75g - Trio Cynotilapia sp. Lion's Cove + fry
75g - 8 Neetroplus nematopus
75g - 10 Tropheops sp. "Chilumba" Mphanga Rocks + fry
75g - 5 Geophagus Altifrons, 10 Buenos aries tetras, 5 L-201, 1 American Bullfrog ( indoors until winters over )
75g - 8 Cichasoma sp.
40b - 1 Australoheros sp. "red ceibal
40b - 5 Gymnogeophagus Balzani
40b - 1 Colomesus asellus
40g - 9 Assorted Pterophyllum scalare
40g - 8 Astatotilapia aeneocolor

18 10g tanks housing assorted fry of all the above.

Yep it's just a hobby, but it's darn addicting. :)

Yeah I have MTS too, and have started to reduce what I have so I can enjoy the occasional Friday night out.

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 am
by hadla
And my husband thinks I have too many... -.-

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am
by Pufferpunk
Well then, what's 1 more???

Re: Lurker to poster...

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:04 pm
by hadla