Page 1 of 1

Hello :)

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 pm
by rabidpuff
I figured I should say Hi before I go about the rest of the site. I don't currently have a puffer, but I am insanely curious about keeping them and I am in the process of getting a tank set up. I've kept tropical freshwater aquariums during my life, nothing really fancy. I am looking into planting and getting a really nice 5.5gal or 10gal tank set up for a dwarf puffer, as I am not too comfortable with brackish or salt water just yet. Ideally I'd like to go with a 10gal but space wise, it might have to be the smaller tank.

So I am here for all the information current puff keepers can give. The plan is to get a snail colony going first in a 2.5gal tank so there is a constant source of food for the little fish. I hear it's pretty easy to get snails to populate, but it's my first try at trying to have snails instead of trying to get rid of them. :lol:

Anyway, hello to everyone and now I am off to dig through the information here and maybe as a few questions.

Re: Hello :)

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 pm
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum

Re: Hello :)

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 pm
by Welch4
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to take a stroll through the library ( under the learn tab at the top) as well. Tons of great information there.

Re: Hello :)

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:02 am
by DMD123
Welcome!