Page 1 of 1
Intro with GSP
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:22 am
by Walla2GSP
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself, and give a little background in case you talk to me out there on the forums. I'm a semi-experienced aquarist that recently bought a GSP for the wife. She likes the fish, but doesn't like to do the work so lucky me I get to keep the animals. Actually I really enjoy keeping fish and use her passion for seeing the fish as an excuse to stay in the hobby. I have kept multiple freshwater tanks in the past and a few brackish, but was in the military so would only have the tanks for a couple years at a time before having to leave an area and typically sell the fish. I have had many friends with reef tanks I would have to maintain while they were deployed, but my GSP tank will be the first full SW I set up. I came to the forum because over the years everytime my wife would bring a Green Spotted Puppy home for me to keep they had the best and most in depth information on the species. I'm an avid diver, and love seeing fish and aquatic plant life in it's natural setting. I strive to take my experience underwater home and apply it to my aquarium maintenance practices. Well that's it for now, see you out on the forums.
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:20 am
by sgtmyers88
Hello and welcome.

Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 am
by Pufferpunk
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
What size tank do you have for it?
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 am
by Walla2GSP
I have a 55 gallon for now. I would like to set up a 200-250 reef tank, but from being on the forum don't think this would be an ideal home for the little guy, who needs a name actually.
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:34 am
by Pufferpunk
Not a good thing for your reef, either.

Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 pm
by Walla2GSP
Mule is finally getting settled into his SW habitat and let me snap a couple pictures tonight.
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:34 am
by Pufferpunk
Do you have live rock in there? What is that white pipe?
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:45 am
by Walla2GSP
I have some "live" rock, but I adjusted salinity slowly from brackish to SW so it's not true live rock. I need to put some in, but since he is already in the tank I'm worried about moving live rock from the quarantine tank into his. THis is my first SW setup so I'm doing a lot of research and trying to set up his habitat as I learn. The white pipe is a undergravel filter with filters removed. I just have it running to increase flow through the substrate, call me old school but I have always had great luck with them for maintaining good water chemistry.
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:32 am
by sgtmyers88
hehe he looks like he could be a close relative to my big guy (avatar)

Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm
by Ayalas
He’s very cute. Welcome!! I also recently joined.
Re: Intro with GSP
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 am
by Walla2GSP
Tank hanging out in his tank