Page 1 of 1
Old member, New username
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm
by emariebw
Hi there

I was very, very active in this forum back in 2010/2011 when I had my figure eight, Lola, under the screenname "ILoveLola." (Original, I know). Lola died in 2012 and I was absolutely crushed

My fiance/now husband convinced me to do a tropical community tank and I have not been loving it. We are moving in December, so I am going to be giving my current fish away and once we get to our new house will be setting up a puffer tank, yay!
My dad has a deconstructed but fully equipped 55 gallon that he is giving me. I know they are difficult to find, but I am very much hoping to find a Ceylon.
Anyhow, wanted to say hello, and I am super excited to be back! The wait to move is now killing me.

Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am
by RTR
Welcome back, and good luck with the new (to you) tank. As puffer-keepers we are generally reliant on wild-caught fish, and those may be only seasonally available or otherwise reliant on local conditions. Your area however is close to one of the country's major import areas, so you should have better access than many USA folks.
I also outgrew "community" tanks long ago. I don't understand why so many folks like them.
Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:26 am
by Pufferpunk
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
BACK!
Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 am
by hadla
Welcome back! If I ever see a Ceylon in the lfs, I'll jump at the chance! Kirby was the only one that I had ever seen before. I'd love to find another!
Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 pm
by DMD123
Welcome back!
Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 pm
by emariebw
Thanks guys! It's really nice seeing familiar names and faces (avatars?).
RTR wrote:Welcome back, and good luck with the new (to you) tank. As puffer-keepers we are generally reliant on wild-caught fish, and those may be only seasonally available or otherwise reliant on local conditions. Your area however is close to one of the country's major import areas, so you should have better access than many USA folks.
I also outgrew "community" tanks long ago. I don't understand why so many folks like them.
The seasonal thing definitely makes sense, it never even occurred to me. Thanks!
And I really have no idea about the community tanks. I just don't really like them, I love that I can get to know my puffer, and learn their personality, etc. After Lola died, I was so upset, I think my husband was thinking if I got a community tank I wouldn't get so attached to the fish. Which I guess worked, but the result is I'm really bored with my tank and don't give it proper attention. Bad me.

Re: Old member, New username
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 am
by bertie 83
Welcome back