Ayyy everybody!
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:05 pm
Hello,
First, let me introduce my self, I am caleb, or simply cdub. I've been in the fish keeping business for 13+ years, only within the last 5 have I gotten serious about it. As most of you on this forum are puffer guys/gals, I am a piranha guy, and one of our members actually referred me here, idk if he's here but over at piranhakeepers he goes by nzac (and if I broke any rules posting about pk please let me know and I'll edit ASAP I just did a quick glance at the rules and didn't see anything about that so apologies if I over looked it). I've kept several species solitary and shoals. I love me some p's. but recently have started to take a liking to puffers. I've been reading up a lot about the Carinotetraodon travancoricus, and actually picked one up today. In all honesty he was an impulse buy I guess you could say, I've been looking for 3-4 for months, and my go to shop had one slip in on a shipment, and had been lucky enough to be there. any ways I say impulse because im not even finished with her tank yet, it's actually being leak tested now after I de rimmed and cleaned up the silicone. But don't fret, it shall be done here very shortly. As of now I've got her with my piranha in a breeding container hanging on the tank. (don't have a heart attack fellas she's safe, and I think I would actually be praised saving her from the tank she was going to go in. Lol they actually told me acclimating a fig 8 with fw will turn it into a fw fish lolololol) :facepalm: pics will come soon, my sd card is in Chicago ATM.
are travancoricus as personable as other puffers. I know she's still stressed as hell and getting used to her surroundings. Oh, and one more thing, does anyone have a picture/vid of a pea puffer inflating/deflating. I can't find any on yt or google and would love to see it. I can't wait till I catch mine doing it, if I even ever do..
First, let me introduce my self, I am caleb, or simply cdub. I've been in the fish keeping business for 13+ years, only within the last 5 have I gotten serious about it. As most of you on this forum are puffer guys/gals, I am a piranha guy, and one of our members actually referred me here, idk if he's here but over at piranhakeepers he goes by nzac (and if I broke any rules posting about pk please let me know and I'll edit ASAP I just did a quick glance at the rules and didn't see anything about that so apologies if I over looked it). I've kept several species solitary and shoals. I love me some p's. but recently have started to take a liking to puffers. I've been reading up a lot about the Carinotetraodon travancoricus, and actually picked one up today. In all honesty he was an impulse buy I guess you could say, I've been looking for 3-4 for months, and my go to shop had one slip in on a shipment, and had been lucky enough to be there. any ways I say impulse because im not even finished with her tank yet, it's actually being leak tested now after I de rimmed and cleaned up the silicone. But don't fret, it shall be done here very shortly. As of now I've got her with my piranha in a breeding container hanging on the tank. (don't have a heart attack fellas she's safe, and I think I would actually be praised saving her from the tank she was going to go in. Lol they actually told me acclimating a fig 8 with fw will turn it into a fw fish lolololol) :facepalm: pics will come soon, my sd card is in Chicago ATM.
are travancoricus as personable as other puffers. I know she's still stressed as hell and getting used to her surroundings. Oh, and one more thing, does anyone have a picture/vid of a pea puffer inflating/deflating. I can't find any on yt or google and would love to see it. I can't wait till I catch mine doing it, if I even ever do..
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)