Page 1 of 1

Hello from Dallas, Texas!

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 pm
by Allbrett
Hello everyone I am brand new to this forum, puffers, and getting back into the aquarium hobby! I immediately fell in love with puffers when I saw my first dwarf puffer fish and had to have him! I put him in my 8 gallon biorb with a molly a cory cat and some of the molly fry, he is doing extremely well and that is a well established tank given to me by my dad who didnt want it anymore. I now have a 30g tank that is in the later stages of cycling, I have been hanging out at my LFS quite a bit lately and just been picking the guys brains there. They turned me on to Fahaka puffers and said they had 3 coming in! I have been back and forth on whether I should buy one. I know that 30g is an extremely miniature tank for this type of puffer and if I got him would not be able to keep him long. please direct me away from that (I think poor decision) and please direct me to a better sized puffer for my 30g tank! I would really like to have the biggest possible puffer for a 30g tank (although I do plan on getting a 50-70g tank in the next year lets just stay safe with a 30g) I have read some about palembangs and target puffers and they look really cool, are these puffers rare or hard to get? I have never seen them at any store! Please, please, please help me out on finding the biggest and prettiest suitable puffer for my 30g!

Also any advice and tips are welcome although, I did have a few aquariums growing up I still consider my self a newbie at this so nothing is to stupid to repeat or think I may not know! Thanks in advance

Re: Hello from Dallas, Texas!

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 am
by Tripp
Welcome to the forum

Re: Hello from Dallas, Texas!

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 am
by RTR
Welcome to the forum, but you do need to make some changes to your set-up. Cory catfish need to be kept in multiples and rarely to never do well with freshwater puffers. The puffers will be hard on the Cory cats and damage their fins. Return the Cory to the LFS/chaun store ASAP.. The molly will do okay if it not too big. Read the info on the Dwarf puffer on the Pufferpedia.